Father's Day & Birthday Celebration


Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!

Most especially I want to wish my husband K a Wonderful Day, he gets to share the day with our toddler son Baby "O" who turns two on this day.

How am I going to celebrate the day with these lovelies?

Here is my plan; go to church, eat, play with Baby O, spend a few hours with the hubby when the baby takes his afternoon nap and then we all visit with some friends later in the day.

It is 4:35a.m CT and I have just finished baking a cake :)  This is not Baby O's birthday cake because we are celebrating his birthday a week later, however, this is a "you and daddy day" cake

I had used this recipe I used before but the cake turned out DENSE (I had no cake flour at home) so this time around I used buttermilk instead of milk in it. I poured out the batter into a bigger pan and saved a few scoops for cupcakes. This way, I can sample the cake when it comes out without my having to cut into the big cake. Boy! It is good. I had to restrain myself from getting another cupcake; hello it is 4.50a.m, why am I sampling and or eating cake?

The recipe I had used came from  How Sweet Eats and it is yummmmmmy. Thank you, Jessica Merchant, for the recipe.

It is 5 am.
I should go to sleep. I worked Friday night, slept few hours Saturday, now it is Sunday and  I am beginning to feel like Solomon Grundy!

Happy Father's Day Y'all and welcome to my first post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy Finger

My Man Friday.

World Cup Fever